Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Web 2.0 Resources

We had to create some kind of blog, wiki, or website for my IP&T 287 class. I chose to do a blog because I have always wanted to start one. In this class so far I have learned so many reasons why technology is important to learn now. In learning about web 2.0 resources, I have decided that they will be really helpful to use when I have my own classroom. I was very surprised at all of the helpful technology tools to use for teachers. As a teacher, you can definitely use goodreads as a tool to recommend a variety of books, share books with your students, find new books to add to your classroom library, as well as help parents learn and know what their kids area currently reading. In addition, the delicious website will help assist teachers in finding many different resources for different subjects they are teaching their students. This website also aids teachers in finding more resources that meet their state requirements.
Using these resources will help as well as parents have a place where I can update parents on what we are doing in our classroom as well as post any homework or announcements I have on a blog, wiki, or website designed for my classroom. This will also allow me to better keep in contact with the parents of my students. This is becoming a very effective use of technology, because now day’s early and elementary aged children as well as parents spend so much time with the new technology developments. I have learned that it is extremely vital for everyone to keep up with technology. As a teacher, using a balanced amount of technology in the classroom, will help their students become more aware of the newest technology ad how to use it for many future jobs that don’t exist yet.

No comments: