Saturday, November 1, 2008

Week 1 of Practicum

In my classroom this week there are only two computers, an overhead, TV and a tape/CD player. Throughout this week I saw that the kids use a program that allows them to practice their reading skills. They also have a tape and CD player in which they listen to stories on it and they answer questions about the story their heard. They use the computer and CD player daily but there can only be one child on the computer and up to three on the listening center.
I have only seen the overhead being used once in the classroom so far. They don’t have any other things in the classroom that have to do with technology. I did not use any technology in the classroom yet, I did find out that you can get an Elmo from the library, or you can schedule a time in the lab. In a lesson you could use technology by showing a digital storytelling story to the class, instead of just listening to it on the tape player.

No comments: