Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week 3 of Practicum

In the school I am working in, there are not very many things that you can check out, or use as far as technology goes. I did not really see any uses of technology in the classroom other than the students using the CD player for the listening center, and the TV for morning announcements.
Everyday I have been using the Overhead which is part of technology, but it is not considered up to date technology. In the 2nd grade classroom I am, although there is only an overhead we can use, it has helped the students see a bigger picture of different things as well as understand the material better because they can see details of pictures and other thing a lot better.
In a lesson that I taught this week if the classroom had a projector with wireless internet, I could have shown them a clip of a jungle instead of just having them look at different pictures I had printed on the overhead. This would have provided a better image of what a jungle really is, especially for the ELL students in the classroom.

No comments: