Friday, October 10, 2008

Digital Storyboard application and refection

After looking at several digital storyboards done by my classmates, I was very impressed at the creativity and quality of these stories. I got so many new ideas for how I can use these storyboards in my classroom. Some of the differing things I saw were raps about fairy tales, poems adapted to a familiar tune, and stories told through the lyrics of songs. This goes to show how many possibilities there are out there with using digital storyboards.

As I am hoping to teach 3rd or 4th grade, I saw that I could use the digital storyboard tool with these students. I could easily use this tool for a unit on poetry. I would start by having created my own poem through a digital storyboard. Then, I would show this to my students and help them in creating their own. First my students would prepare the text for their poems, using such things like rhyme, symbolism, alliteration, etc. Then they would find or take pictures to help represent the poem. I can anticipate the students loving this activity, especially when they get to show their finished product to their classmates.

No comments: