Friday, October 17, 2008

Google Earth and KMZ files

Today in class we learned about how to implement Google earth into the classroom. I have learned that using Google earth you can take your class to so many places all over the world. They can not only see the land formations, but they can see the cities and towns where people live. In my classroom I could use Google earth to show different places that we would be studying as well as different weather formations.
The website I found included many kmz files that showed different landscapes and formations. This was a really cool website because you can see different places in the world with different pictures. The website is http:www.kmzlinks.com/ I clicked on the link that said WeirdThingsAndBeautifulSandFormations.kmz. I looked at the link that showed a desert with different sand formations. The images are very interesting and make it seem like you are really there. I could use this in my classroom to show my class the different ecosystems around the world.

No comments: